The Bedford to Cambridge section of the Oxford to Cambridge railway was opened in 1862 and passed straight through the park.
It was run by the London & North Western Railway and eventually closed in 1967.
The route of the track bed is still visible and forms part of the national cycle network - sustrans route 51.
Within the park there are two iron bridges that cross the river Great Ouse and the remains of a gradient marker.
The river channel called the 'New Cut' was an early attempt to control flooding on the river, dug about 1870 it flows alongside the track bed within the park.